Artist Tag & MCE Compatibility

Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forums Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forum Artist Tag & MCE Compatibility

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

It looks like Windows MCE only supports the “Album Artist” tag when listing “Albums”, but MMS only gives an option to edit “Artist” so MCE always has empty album lists (song lists per artist are fine). Media Player 10 does show the Artist category in its database but I need a way to bulk copy Artist to Album Artist for any empty tag or is there some other workaround?

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Can you be more specific about bulk copy?

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I just need a way to easily copy all the Artist tags to “Album Artist” for all the files selected in the list view. Something like “auto update album artist”. It could be more general to allow any tag copy, but I don’t know if there are any other common uses for this feature other than to work around this issue which seems quite popular on MCE forums

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

There is an option in program [Change/Clear/Replace any Tag] that does that.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Todd Richmond Wrote:

> I just need a way to easily copy all the Artist
    > tags to “Album Artist” for all the files selected
    > in the list view. Something like “auto update
    > album artist”. It could be more general to allow
    > any tag copy, but I don’t know if there are any
    > other common uses for this feature other than to
    > work around this issue which seems quite popular
    > on MCE forums

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.