CDDB queries and existing .mp3’s (created by iTunes)

Home Forums Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forum CDDB queries and existing .mp3’s (created by iTunes)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I recently purchased your application and it is great! Over the years I have burned many of my CDs to MP3s. However I was lazy or sloppy to record all the correct tag information necessary to manage and identify MP3s accurately. So now that I have 3,500 songs with the Track Names and Artists information only, I would love to get some artwork and album names as easily as possible. Since I am new to your wonderful application, I apologize if I am missing something that makes it easy within your application to gather this additional items automatically or through a selection criteria.

I saw this thread and believe I may be experiencing the same issues as above. Even though the Artwork, Artist, and Title may exist on Amazon.com, I have found that the slightest change in any value including case sensitive items may return no results. For example, when I had a Title “Into The Night” using your handy “Case Sensitive” feature (which I love) it return no result. When I modify the Title tag to “Into the Night” it returns with a value. I find it difficult to ascertain the exact case sensitivity to a tag to make a match perfect for a look-up against Amazon, which really become difficult when artists changes the capitation of track or album titles due to an effect they wish to create.

Just a thought or suggestion, is it possible to create wildcard character within the tag or have the application submit variations of the tag for case-sensitive, tag erroneous spacing and other situations? Or perhaps instead of returning a no result, is there a way to return the closest results based upon the a few required tags (like Artist and Track Name), so that the user could choose the best or most appropriate album, album art, title, track, etc?

Sorry for the long-winded questions. I have one other question unrelated to this topic, is there a way for albums to have one tag disseminate or copy various tag values and Album Art to several other MP3 files that will save on the look-up process. I.E. I look-up one track from entire Album and gather all the title information and Art, then can I copy that to the remaining 10 tracks from that same album?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you…

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

This problem about case sensitive queries has been resolved.
    For track information, you can click on Amazon icon and you will get all information
    about track numbers.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

How do I aoutomatically add song titles to .mp3 files that it can find the album art to?

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

What about the proxy settings? I didn’t find a place where to configure a proxy, and Zortam seems not to be able to connect to the Amazon server when I’m behind a proxy.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hello,

Great program… is it possible to query CDDB and add track info to .mp3’s that have already been ripped by other programs? If so, how?

Thanks,

Greg Embry

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Zortam Mp3 Media Studio is looking for song info on Amazon.com and you can automaticlly fill your tags with covers, lyrics, album name etc.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I am having the same problem. If I highlight the song from one of my existing libraries and click the amazon button it doesn’t find any information – even though the album is on amazons site. Were you ever able to get this working?
    Thanks.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for screenshoot.

You need to enter into ID3 Tags correct artist and album name for this album, because there is a lot albums with Various artist.

You have entered into artist tag inccorect artist so that is the reason why you can’t find it on Amazon.com

For more simple search for example you need to enter only Artist or/and album name.

To save information from Amazon screen just click save icon.
    There is also options “Tools->Save lyrics and picture tag” that will do that for you automatically to one or more songs(batch cover art and lyrics finder).

Zortam Support
    http:/www.zortam.com

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

This problem has been resolved in version 6.45.

Zortam Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.