Filename formats -> tag info

Home Forums Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forum Filename formats -> tag info

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 2 years ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I have tried this feature and it does not work for me. Most of my mp3s are formatted with [Artist] – Title. The quare brackets are actually in the filename, but I do not want them in the tags. So I enter, using your wildcards, [%1] – %2 as the filename format I have, but the tagger still writes the square brackets into the tag. Your parser is not the only tagger that has problems with this. Do I have to write my own parser to take these out and then put them back later or are you going to fix it? As many have said before, it seems silly to purchase a program that requires me to change my habits.

Thanks

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

For some reason this does not work in my installation.

The function shows to exclude the following charcaters. /:*?>< |{}#%+!%~`()[];"

None of these are excluded, though and the program does not change the names

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I have the exact same problem. Has anyone found a program like Zortam that can parse the square brackets?

Or even just a program that can replace the square brackets in a files name with something else? I have over a thousand songs formatted with the square brackets… I dont even like the square brackets, I want to get them to ‘Artist – Title’. Their tags are messed up though so first I need to get the tags ste.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

There is simple solution for getting rid of square brackets or any other unwanted chars.

1. Use Rename Files option and rename files as you wish
    2. Tag you files with options File->Tag

To prevent to write square brackets in tags you have to add them to
    [Options]-[Genereal Preferences]-[Remove next spec. chars from ID3 tags]

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Will there be an option for the user to specify filename formats when auto tagging from the file name in a future version? None of the ‘preinstalled’ options work with my filenames and I don’t really feel like changing my naming habits just to make it work with one program when there are plenty of taggers out there that do have this option. Other than that I think you have a nice program, and if I could do this with it, I’d buy it!

(If this option is there and I just haven’t found it, feel free to tell me I’m stupid and show me where it is!)

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

It will be.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Mp3 Media Studio 2.35 has inluded this as a new feture to specify filename formats.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.