Issues with track numbering and file renaming

Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forums Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forum Issues with track numbering and file renaming

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 2 years ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I am attempting to rename files in a standard format, but have run into some bugs with ID3V2 track numbering. This occurs for tracks in the form xx/yy which is quite common. My preferred file name is “xx-track name” with a 2 char track # so that sorting works

1) The default substitution character set includes / which is a valid track character. This means that if you change any other tag in an mp3, Zortam changes the character to an _ which destroys the track value. The substition set really should just be used for path names or else have a separate, less restrictive set for tags vs filenames

2) Auto renumbering should have an option to add the /yy part of the track value so that I can change them automatically. As it stands, I must manually edit every single track to add a 0 in front of single digit tracks so that I can then rename files

3) File renaming fails silently if there is a / in the track #. It should use all chars up to the / when using %t in the rename format string instead of doing nothing. This bug forces you to manually rename tracks to a 2 digit format and then manually change them back to xx/yy after renaming files

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi ViperBoy,

Have You had a look in the “General Options” of Zortam? – There is a part with defined characters that aren’t allowed by default in the ID-Tags, e.g. Your “/”.

But I think, You can change that and cancel that from the defaults.

Maybe that would help?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.