Sorting Problem – only at myself?

Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forums Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forum Sorting Problem – only at myself?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 2 years ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hello to all,

First I wish You all a wonderful New Year, may 2009 be better than 2008 – even if 2008 should’ve been a great year.

But, I’m sorry, I have to write about “my” problem again.

I’ve updated now to 8.75, but my problem just stayed the same.

It woud be kind of You, if You’d give me an answer to the question, if it stays that was or if I can be hopeful in the thought, that there somewhen would be a correction.

Neevrtheless I write again: You do a great job.

Best regards,
    Matthias Dorr

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi there,

now I’ve installed the update 8.80; the described prob stayed the same.

It would be very kind, if one of the admins or someone who knows the future of the Media Player would give an information, if there is a chance, that this is a problem that will be solved somewhen, or if I have to live with the existing sorting.

Best regards,
    Matthias Dorr

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I’ve had similar sorting issues. When I first start the program with an empty database and then import my music folder the first time, sorting is “ideal” – sorted by artist / album / track. However, if I ever change the sort order, it is impossible to get back to that. If you sort on any other column, that field is sorted, but secondary sorting on mp3s with the same column value are random. What I really expect is that the intuitive artist/album/track/… suborder continues.

An alternative which some programs use is just to have a single secondary sort. This works by just using the previous sort column as the secondary sort when choosing a new column. This at least allows people to choose track and then album to get back 2 a reasonable sort

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I have a sorting problem as well, but not exactly the same one.

The program should include smart sort for all columns. Let me explain.

When you have your db sorted by artist, you can press any letter of the alphabet and it will jump to that artist. For example, if on your screen, you are sorted by artist and you’re currently viewing artist that begin with the letter A and you want to jump to an artist that begins with the letter R (ie: Rolling Stones), you simply press the “r” key and it will take you to the start of the “r artists”. ZMM already HAS this feature.

However, it should be the same for all other columns.

For example, if your columns are sorted by song title, you should be able to press the letter R and go to the first song title that begins with the letter R. Same for the Album, Genra, Folder, etc columns.

Thanks

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi there,

after all the time my sorting problem is just the same. Is it possible that nobody is really interested in solving it? Also nobody contacted me about that (to ask questions or give advices); is that normal?

Best regards

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi together,

first I’d like to write, I’ve got a problem with the MP3 Media Studio Pro 8.55, running under Win Vista Home Premium SP1 – that maybe are infos You should have. (I know, Win Vista is a problem in itself ;-) )

My Zortam-Prob is, that I want to sort all my there shown files by the column filename – and that doesn’t work.

I know, I have to click the header of the column, and that’s also what I do.

But in the result i see files that are sorted first under the column “directory”, and within this sorting in a second step the sorting by “filename”.

But that’s of course not what I wanted; I awaited a simple sorting ONLY by filename.

Am I the only one who has this prob? Or has anybody a solution for that?

By the way – I think there is another little problem in this version; the track-counter within the MP3 Library doesn’t seem to work correct.

For example, when the counter shows a content of 5.435 files, and I MOVE one file from directory A to directory B, the counter discovers that move and tells me, now I’ve 5.436 files. Marvellous growing of my collection ;-)

At last let me say, even if I write here sounding perhaps a litte cross – from my point of view the zortam MP3 Media Studio is great; I’ve seen further versions that worked fantastic – maybe in Pro 8.55 stuck just some not found bugs (I don’t know) or anything else went wrong.

And just another excuse from myself: If You find some texture-failers above, You can keep it for Yourself (and tell me more private) – my native tongue is german, but because this is an english spoken forum I had to be so friendly nd talk also in english.

Best regards, and a great thanks for any answers to my probs,

Matthias Dorr

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hello,

The sorting by filename goes well. Download the latest version from our website and try again. Note that the filename from D:MusicArtist.mp3 is Artist.mp3.

Regards,
    Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hello back,

I’m just working with the latest version (8.55) – my Media Studio at least can’t find any updates.

To stay at Your example – I’d wish, the sorting would follow the sequence Artist.mp3. But at my installed version it sorts D:MusicArtist.mp3.

I’d like to show You a hardcopy, so You could see it with Your own eyes, but I don’t know how to realize that.

I also tried to uninstall the program, clear the registry and re-install – but that didn’t work.

The sorting-result stayed the same.

Best regard,
    Matthias Dorr

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hello all,

now I’ve downloaded 8.60 – sorry, the problem stayed the same.

Best regards,
    Matthias Dorr

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi,

this is only an internal question to the board-admin or moderator (mustn’t be published). On 10/25/2008 I wrote a reply to that subject – but it never was published.

Is there a reason for that, have I written anything wrong?

Best regards, Matthias Dorr

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hello again,

I’d just wanted to let You know that I’ve updated to 8.65; “my” problem wasn’t solved with that.

Nevertheless – I won’t miss the program. It has (nearly) all the functions I need to organize my MP3’s.

The only thing I miss is a possibility to resample bitrate, samplerate and channels for all songs to an unique value; if I download MP3s, the values often enough are different. But for that I have other programs.

Best regards,
    Matthias Dorr

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi to all,

since October 2008 I wrote about a sorting problem (I want to sort my files by filename, but I see the files sorted first under the column “directory”, and within this sorting in a second step the sorting by “filename”).

Now I’ve upgraded to Media Studio 10; I hoped a little bit, with this version a change would have been done, but the sorting ist just the same: I want to sort only by filename, but the first sorting range is directory, and the second is filename (inside the directory).

Is there any possibility that a change could be made? – My last posts about this topic weren’t answered, maybe this time I get a comment.

Best regards,
    Matthias Dorr

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi there,

just now I was asked to download 8.70… of course I did it, waiting for what would happen… the program restarted… I’m sorry, but the problem stayed the same.

This is only a wondering question, should not be a sign of anger: will there be a possibility (somewhen) that this problem will be solved, is there anybody working on it? Or will this sorting stay the way it is (to stay at the example written far above: the actual sorting is D:MusicArtist.mp3) ?

Best regards, Matthias Dorr

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi,

this is only an internal question to the board-admin or moderator (mustn’t be published). On 12/11/2008 I wrote a reply to that subject – but it never was published. Is there a reason for that?

Best regards, and if wo don’t write to each other, let me wish You all a very, very merry Christmas and an also a happy and sucessful New Year.

Best regards,
    Matthias

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.