updating artwork and lyrics / itunes / ipod nano

Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forums Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forum updating artwork and lyrics / itunes / ipod nano

This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 2 years ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

In the previous thread you indicated that you had reproduced the issue in iTunes. Do you have any further data on why this is? I cannot seem to get the art work or lyrics to show in iTunes when I pull them in via this product.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

It looks that iTunes can not reproduce some larger picture that we are getting from Amazon.

We will try to contact iTunes development team and try to resolve this problem.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for the response. I will watch the thread for updates. It also seems that the lyrics are not getting into iTunes as well. From this thread it seems this is isolated to my installation. Any thoughts? I am currently running iTunes 6.0.1.3 and using the 5G 30GB iPod.

Hope this can get fixed, from the looks of what I have seen and used to far, this product is hands aboe the ton of others I have tried to use to update Album Art and lyrics.

Doug

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

>The problem is when I go back to Itunes; over there, songs that have artwork and >lyrics, dont get the lyrics recognized; only songs that have only lyrics do.

>When I go to the ipod (nano), some songs that have artwork, do not show; yet the >lyrics of those that show correctly on itunes appear on the ipod screen.

This problem has been fixed with updated version of Zortam Mp3 Media Studio 5.90.
    You can download updated version from our web site.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

This problem has been resolved with updated version of Zortam Mp3 Media Studio 5.90.

We have resolved this problem with iTunes.
    iTunes by default saves picture in ID3 picture tag called Others.
    We have resolved this problem with iTunes in version 5.95.
    iTunes by default saves Album art in ID3 picture tag called Others. In Zortam Mp3 Media Studio go to ID3V2 tags ans select [All Pictures]-[Select Photo], and choose from combobox [Others] and you will be able to see album arts saved via iTunes.

ID3 standard has values for picture tags:
    0 – Others
    3 – Cover Album Art
    4 – Back Cover
    etc.

For some reason iTunes saves album art to “Others” picture tag.
    So all pictures from iTunes are visible in Zortam Mp3 Media Studio at “Others” Picture tag in ID3V2 view.
    Zortam Mp3 Media Studio saves picture to “Front Cover”(3) picture tag and also to “Others”(0) picture tag, so Album arts are visible on iPod and any other portable Mp3 player.
    We recomend to use Zortam for batch entering picture arts and lyric to ID3 tags.
    All arts and lyric entered by Zortam are visible in iTunes and iPod and any other portable Mp3 player.
    If you save arts with iTunes it will be visible in Zortam as “Others” picture tag.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hello everyone….i have joined this forum to get latest and useful information about ipod covers,please can anyone provide me complete information about ipod covers.

http://www.decalskins.com/

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I am getting across this forum and i found this forum really helpful and beneficial.I join this forum to get more information about ipod nano skins.

http://www.decalskins.com/

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Itunes keeps a database of album art that it syncs with the IPod. If you add album art/lyrics/tags to the files with another program after these files are imported into itunes, then Itunes does not know about the change and therefore dues not update the database.

Try deleting these files from ITunes (not the computer, of course) and re-importing them after the changes are done. (ITunes does let you drag and drop the files. If you don’t delete the original, you’ll end up with duplicates … one with and one without the changes, as itunes sees it as adding to the database not updating.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Itunes keeps a database of album art that it syncs with the IPod. If you add album art/lyrics/tags to the files with another program after these files are imported into itunes, then Itunes does not know about the change and therefore dues not update the database.

Try deleting these files from ITunes (not the computer, of course) and re-importing them after the changes are done. (ITunes does let you drag and drop the files. If you don’t delete the original, you’ll end up with duplicates … one with and one without the changes, as itunes sees it as adding to the database not updating.

Additionally, when adding album art, make sure you have the “Save Cover for IPod” checked in the program Options (Tools> Options> General Preferences).

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi,

I was trying your program – freeware version – and it works quite well. I am finding a problem though; I can update lyrics and artwork on the zortam listing, (album artwork not showing on ipod nano) and each time I get back to a specific song, inside Zortam, everything seems okay.

The problem is when I go back to Itunes; over there, songs that have artwork and lyrics, dont get the lyrics recognized; only songs that have only lyrics do.

When I go to the ipod (nano), some songs that have artwork, do not show; yet the lyrics of those that show correctly on itunes appear on the ipod screen.

If I open a song, with artwork but without lyrics, in Itunes, and paste the lyrics, I am able to see both artwork and lyrics on the ipod.

I guess this should be a small glitch.

Hope it could be solved – Richard

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

We have tested iTunes and it looks that iTunes shows blank pictures for some jpg cover art files.

Zortam Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.