Forum Replies Created
Now, some hours later, I made a reboot and now… it works again!
Thanks for information.
We are working on fixing problem with cover/lyric when file only has V1 tags.
Work around is to change view to ID3V1 and do cover/lyric search.
If you want to quick change genre, artist etc. use options Change/Clear/Replace any Tag. You just need to select chekbox for tags that you want to change.
Thanks for suggestion.
We will put this on wish list.
Jeg skriver til dig da jeg går ud fra at du er dansk (Bent Nielsen)
Jeg kan ikke hjælpe dig med dit problem, men håber at du måske kan hjælpe mig…?
Jeg kan ikke forstå hvordan jeg får fortalt mp3 media studio, hvor på harddisken den skal gemme mp3 filerne efter jeg har rippet en cd.
Jeg kan klikke på “folder” og navngive ét directory hvori den skal gemme, men der skal jo laves en ny mappe for hvert af f.eks. shu-bi-dua’s album´s….
Det kan da ikke passe at man skal lave dem manuelt…. ?!?
Håber du kan hjælpe mig, og håber at du har fundet svarte på dit eget problem…..
Mange jule hilsner fra Michael Bjerrum
1) Can you be more specific, we don’t quit understand your question.
2) It works fine if file only has V1 tags, it might be that you have misspelled artist or album name?!
3) We have separate views for editing ID3 tags so you can scroll file even from ID3 views or from Mp3 list. Our point was to get rid of modal dialog(it hides current tag information and doesn’t do visual real time update) and enable interactive scrolling for tag editing. So, actually you can just browse through your collection and edit files as you want and as many as you want and see the changes right away on the Mp3 list.
Visit our blog at http://blog.zortam.com
That’s good idea right now it is not possible bach art update. But next release is coming soon, so we will include this options.
This future is alrady included in our next releasse 5.90.
We have added 3 new colors for:
1. Lyrics only
2. Picture only
3. Lyrics nad picture
Also search is included for searching
1. Song with lyrics
2. Song with coveres
3. Song with lyrics and coveres
Thanks for a notice.
We now about this issue. It has been resolved and will be included in our next release that’s comming up for few days.
Thanks for the quick response
1) Bug – not question. Options/General Pref/Remove next special chars from id3 tags option defaults to containing the “/” char (and “?”). EAC (and presumably other rippers) use track#/track total (ex. 05/12) as the V2 track tag. When you go and edit some other tag like genre other than track using ctrl-r, it converts the “/” to a “_” (ex. 05_12). Removing “/” from the translation list prevents that. I ruined a couple samples before I realized the format was mangled and figured out why
2) Definitely a bug – I tried on two or three albums to verify. The V1 tags are correct because I worked around the problem by bulk copying all V1 tags to V2(which were all empty before) and then doing alt-v again which worked fine and found lyrics/covers
3) Sorry for the confusion – I’m talking about the V1 and V2 edit panels that default to the bottom of the screen. They only modify the last clicked MP3 even if several are highlighted in the main list. Intuitively, it should show common tags for all highlighted MP3s which is normally just Genre, Artist and possibly Album. The common use for this is to patch up Genre quickly, because so many Freedb genre’s are wrong or at least different per album from the same artist. This would be much faster than doing ctrl-r/move mouse toclick genre checkbox/choose genre/hit ok
One other nice feature would be to save the last used value in several edit fields. For example, I want to rename files using just track and title (%4-%2), but have to type it in each time.
Also, changing the “remove next special chars..” option and saving it causes media studio to scan my entire filesystem (or something similar because it takes a minute of disk rattling even though my folder highlight is on a single directory with just one album
We have tested iTunes and it looks that iTunes shows blank pictures for some jpg cover art files.
Just use option File – New and rescan your PC for Mp3’s.
Have You had a look in the “General Options” of Zortam? – There is a part with defined characters that aren’t allowed by default in the ID-Tags, e.g. Your “/”.
But I think, You can change that and cancel that from the defaults.
Maybe that would help?
this is only an internal question to the board-admin or moderator (mustn’t be published). On 12/11/2008 I wrote a reply to that subject – but it never was published. Is there a reason for that?
Best regards, and if wo don’t write to each other, let me wish You all a very, very merry Christmas and an also a happy and sucessful New Year.