Batch tag lookup

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 4 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Please, can you be more specific?

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I have thousands of mp3 files that I did not rip with Zortam in my database. The art and lyric batch lookups are fantastic. I am missing other info such as year or genre, artist name. It would be great to either add a checkbox to update these tags during the batch/cover update or have a separate batch process to do this. I have a peice of software that does a very poor job at this and this this would be a GREAT feature for your software. It seems that my only other option would be to re-rip the cd’s with Zortam to get the info I would like to but that would be a MAJOR undertaking.

Thanks

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

We are working on this issue.

If you use Zortam CD Ripper it will automaticallu update all tags from CDDB including lyric and cover arts. The advantage of using Zortam CD Ripper is that your file is tagged (both ID3v1 and ID3v2) ready for iPod, iTunes, Windows Media Player, WinAmp etc.

Zortam Mp3 Media Studio automatically updates album name and from next release it will be possible to add Amazon editorial review in comment field, track number, year etc.

You will need to enter just correct artist name and song(title) name in ID3 tags to get all info that we can find for you using several different servers.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Good news!!

I am a new user and have no idea as to how frequently you update your program, so is this something that may come out in weeks, months, years?

Thanks again for a great product!!

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

We have updates every month.

You can check version history at: https://www.zortam.com/news.html

You can also include Zortam News RSS from https://www.zortam.com/zortamrss.xml in your RSS reader.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

You have to love a software company that delivers what people need in a VERY timely manner.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Any chance of adding a batch tag lookup utility to correct existing mp3 tags?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.