bug?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 3 years ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I know this was posted a while ago, but I have a similar problem.

Try with just a few select MP3s in the list… if my guess it right, it won’t crash when you sort them.

I’ve found that just DISPLAYING certain MP3s with ID3v2 tags in my list causes Zortam to crash (wish I knew of this bug before I registered, or I wouldn’t have). I don’t know what it is about those certain MP3s that does it, but it seems that if there’s a lot of information in the ID3v2 comment box, that’s when I get the problem. I think Zortam might have a limit on the number of characters in the field, where as the actual field itself does not, and so it crashes when its over Zortam’s limit. It would be nice to see this fixed, but it doesn’t seem like this website has been updated in a bout a year, so I doubt the chance of a new version coming out.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I have the same problem (and have had for a while). It seems to only happen on titles that are highlit green. I still use this program because it does what I want for the most part, but this is pretty annoying.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

The highlighted color has no bearing on my system. I’m not sure what green signifies on your system (as the color option is customizeable in the options) but green on my system signifies Pictures and/or lyrics embeded in the MP3. I have not had a problem with any of those files on my system.

I am no 100% sure that large ID3v2 comments cause the crash on my system. Every file it has crashed on had a very large comment field. I deleted the comments on two files Zortam was crashing on and tried to view them in Zortam and had no problems.

It would be nice to see a fix for this bug soon as it is very annoying. I have many files with large comments…. usually placed by the original artist and I’d like to keep them in tact.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

We will check this.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Try the following:
    1. Open MP3 Media Studio and browse to some mp3’s.
    2. Right click and select View ID3v2 tags.
    3. Click on any column header (artist, title, album,… doesn’t matter which one) to sort.

Does your program crash? Mine does.
    Sorting does work fine when viewing with ID3v1 tags.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.