CD Ripping

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 3 years, 9 months ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi!
    A small question/recommendation about CD ripping:
    From your documentation, forum and FAQ I understand that the ripping CD’s to MP3 is performed with LAME encoder. This is AFAIK also valid for converting WAV-files to MP3. I have been searching for any possibility to specify or change default parameter settings for the LAME encoder, but haven’t found much. Using the WAV&MP3 converter I can control the parameters to a certain extent, but in the CD Ripper there is only options for bitrate, frequency and mode? For me it looks like it uses CBR in Joint stereo mode when I select a bitrate of 192 kbit/s?

My suggestion is that you include a LAME parameter input field in the CD Ripper part of the Options menu in MP3 Media Studio Pro. Or at least include parameter settings identical to the WAV&MP3 converter in the CD Ripper program (VBR and algorithm quality settings). A parameter field will allow for more flexibilty in converting music to MP3 using the LAME encoder, both with the current distributed LAME encoder and newer versions such as the current release 3.90. It will also be more visible for the advanced users which parameters are actually in use by LAME.

Thanks and regards
    DolKbg

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for suggestions.

Zortam Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.