Edit genre list

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 4 years, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how do I edit the genre list or add more genres.
    Thanks.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hello,

The genre list is fixed when we are talking about ID3v1 tags, but on the ID3v2 tags you can add more genres as you wish. So if you want to set a genre to a song that isn’t in the list you should edit the ID3v2 tags, and from there you can edit as you wish.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi George,

I Think what The Mad Professor means is that he’d like to actually edit the list of genres in the dropdown box when using ID3v2 tags. I personally only use 50 or so genres, at least half of which are not in the list, meaning I have to re-type it every time. If this list were generated by a simple text file that we had access to edit, it would make things so much simpler for me. Any chance we can get something like this in a future update?

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi, George,
    what blither mentioned………….
    ##############
    I Think what The Mad Professor means is that he’d like to actually edit the list of genres in the dropdown box when using ID3v2 tags. I personally only use 50 or so genres, at least half of which are not in the list, meaning I have to re-type it every time. If this list were generated by a simple text file that we had access to edit, it would make things so much simpler for me. Any chance we can get something like this in a future update?
    ###################
    …………is that what I’m like for !
    Is there any answer?
    Sorry. I’m new in this forum, please tell me if I can find the answer at any other place. Thanks

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

From version 7.30 Zortam added options in tools menu to
    add custom genres for ID3v2 tags.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

There is a bug;

I have version 7.30, I have added a custom genre (Tools -> Add custom genres), my custom genre does not appear in the Change Tags (Change/Clear/Replace Andy Tag) genre drop down.

It does appear in the IDv2 Tags genre drop down.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

There is a bug;

I have version 7.30, I have added a custom genre (Tools -> Add custom genres), my custom genre does not appear in the Change Tags (Change/Clear/Replace Andy Tag) genre drop down.

It does appear in the IDv2 Tags genre drop down.

It does not appear in the IDv1 Tags genre drop down.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

It is not a bug. ID3v1 tags have only 125 predefined genres.
    You can read more about that in Zortam Faq.

Zortam Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.