Feature request and bug: Windows MCE compatibility.

Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forums Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forum Feature request and bug: Windows MCE compatibility.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Thank you SO much for adding this feature! You guys (and ladies??) are amazing! I know now that I made the right choice in buying this program! The fact that an upded version is put out so often, and you really /listen to your users is something we don’t see often enough these days. Too often it’s ‘We have your money now, now go away!’ :)

On this (old) subject: I wonder if it’d be possible to add a feature where the Band tag could be updated manually (1) ?
    in case the MP3 was existing, and not ripped within the program? or possibly having it viewable in the Tag listings?

If this could be done, I’d be elated!

(1) either by mass-update, perhaps an arbitrary copy from the Artist field, or perhaps an option to overwrite existing vs. update only if not pre-existing?)

Thanks and keep up the GREAT work!

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I have tried several MP3 management programs, and they all pale by comparison to this Zortam product. (A tip of the hat to the developers ! )

I have noticed one bug that’s present in recent/ the current version.

When customizing what columns are displayed in the library, and un-selecting Rating and BPM, everythinh seems as it should be. However, upon closing and re-opening the application, these columns are displayed again.
    When checking the settings, they are not checked, but when clicking Apply, they are removed again … until the next time the application is launched. Not a big deal, just distracting.

As per this (rather long) document:
    http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/post/33839.aspx

There’s a defect/flaw/non-conformity to standard ID3 tagging present in Windows’ Media Center.

It seems that it uses it’s own non-standard tags to display album/artist information, and as such, using tools that DO adhere to the standard ID3 naming and importing them such as Zortam’s it does not display the library correctly. For example, when viewing by Artist, the option to view by Album shows nothing, and one must view the songs bt that artist in one big long list.

It seems that this can be rectified by copying the Artist’s name to the BAND tag.

What I was wondering is, is there a way to maintain compatibility and adherence to standards and yet add this tag? Alternatively, perhaps an option could be added to batch copy the Artist tag to the Band tag?

This may help a lot of people, as any brand-name PC (Like HP and Compaq) that was sold in the 1 1/2 years before vista was released come /w XP Media Center as the standard OS.

N.B. I’m not sure if this is also true in Vista, as I dont/won’t run it.

Keep up the GREAT work! I love this program and have recommended it to several people.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

>When customizing what columns are displayed in the library, and un-selecting Rating >and BPM, everythinh seems as it should be. However, upon closing and re-opening the >application, these columns are displayed again. When checking the settings, they >are not checked, but when clicking Apply, they are removed again … until the next >time the application is launched. Not a big deal, just distracting.

This was fixed inversion 8.25.

Also we were fixing bug related to XP Media Center and right now we write artist also to band ID3 frame if it is not written already.

Zortam Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.