Filename to Tag Tool

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 4 years ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi

Ive found your tool for creating tags from filenames very useful, but i’m finding a problem.

When i create tags, the Title tag only takes the first word, stopping at the first space.

Hopefully this shouldn’t be too hard to fix

Thanks

Richard

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Please, can you send us full path with filename?

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

For an example:

A song with the filename, 13 – still take you home.mp3
    would return the track number as 13, but the title would appear as “Still” (using the case conversion)

The tool works fine when the filenames contain underscores, still_take_you_home.mp3 would return the title fine.

It appears to be seeing spaces as the end of the title string

Richard

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

This problem has been fixed in version 5.95

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Just a note on the filename to tag tool and some suggestions:

The tool uses %1 through %6 to handle artist, title, album, track number, genre, and year. I had a bunch of mp3’s that looked like “Various – 15 – John Ottman – This Concludes Our Broadcast Day” and I wondered for a few minutes how to set the track number, artist, and title while discarding the unneedded “Various” part of the filename.

I eventually figured it out – I set the “Various” to %7. Zortam completely ignored it, setting my tags exactly as I wanted them!

This tool does need some work, though. I’d really like to see more % numbers used for other fields, like comments, for instance. Also, it is a little counterintuitive such as when it encounters fields with a dash in them or when there are filenames with a slash or just double spaces used to separate title and artist. Despite this, t’s a great feature obviously.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for suggestion.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I like the program a lot…great work.
    My question:

When I want to ‘Write ID3 tags from filenames’ how can I detect spaces;

How can I extract from filename such as
    10 Carry On
    to get
    Carry On

Thanks
    RC

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.