I tried using the Rename utility on some mp3 files recovered from a formatted drive; the files were recovered without their original filenames.
Zortam can read the ID3v1 tags (this is seen in the lower left-hand window); all the ID3v1 tags info is present.
When I try to use the Rename function, it reported error “Cannot find specified ID3 tags”.
I ran the files through MP3TrimPro and created duplicates in case there was header corruption or something.
The new files showed the same symptoms during Rename.
I copied the ID3v1 tags to the ID3v2 tags; same symptoms.
I’ve got a ton of recovered files that need to be renamed.