Losing networked attached media with each reboot

Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forums Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forum Losing networked attached media with each reboot

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I maintain an attached drive “N:” which network-wise is there (on) for each and every boot of my Windows XP PC. However, when Zortam starts it shows the last files, but only as data, none of the mp3’s are really there (you affirm this because the Media Center Pro can’t action any of them, it reports the files as not existing). Navigating to the N: again gets them recognized but only after it’s given the same 2,750 mp3’s the same import rigors it gave them initially at the same effort on the PC and with delay.

Similarly, perhaps related, it starts each reboot automatically (I don’t see where that was offered as a choice), and each time it starts it’s as the plain Zortam Media Center, it accepts (anew) my activation keys and then renames itself to Zortam MP3 Center Pro 2.25.

I can’t imagine the developers designed either of those re-do’s into their product, but I don’t see where I have another alternative and my search didn’t turn up the refresh issue with the music files so there you are, thanks in advance, Dean in Tucson

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

You need your network drive to be ready when starting program,because Zortam is checking is file available or not at start time.

If you don’t want to do that, just save your network files in another zortam lib file (*.zor).

Also you can use consolidate library options from file menu.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Having the network ready isn’t something I do, it’s something the O.S. (XP Pro) does. My Network files are external to my PC and they are assigned drive letters and attached as is normal and supported by Microsoft.

I noticed, even though I didn’t request it, that Zortam starts automatically each boot whether I’m at the PC for music purposes or not, if that’s the reason it doesn’t see my networked resources then it’s because it installed itself to where it loads so early that even networked resources aren’t available yet.

I noticed Zortam isn’t starting in the startup folder, and I never saw a place during installation whether starting it or not was asked of me nor one in settings to turn that feature on or off (maybe I missed it?). I turned the auto starting off using Autoruns.

I don’t see any reason in my case for Zortam to be taking resources at each boot no matter what my intentions are for that session. I can start it when I need it, and if I start it, it wont be so early that it occurs before the network has genned itself up. Thanks

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.