Minor bug in 7.00

This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi team!

I love the new Zortam 7.00, especially the fact that you’ve fixed the UTF-16 problem.

I do have one minor issue with it though: When it scans my whole collection (43,000 mp3’s), every once in a while I get a “could not read tag” error. It happens pretty rarely, but with as many mp3’s as I have, it still happened 100 times or so. This seems pretty random and I couldn’t find anything in common with the mp3’s it found an error in.

There are 2 issues with this:
    1, it stops scanning whenever this happens and I have to hit OK. Not a big deal.
    2, it ignores that mp3 file and won’t add it to the list. It would be nice if it would just add it to the list anyway, with all of the ID tag fields blank. Then I could use the “delete all tags” feature and the “write tags from filename” feature to fix them.

Is this something that you know about and are working for a fix on?
    Thanks again, guys. That UTF-16 fix was a major roadblock for me and I can now use Zortam the way it was meant to! :D

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Could you send us one file for debugging.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi admin,

Upon further investigation, it appears that I was wrong. Zortam does in fact add the mp3 to the list, albeit with the errors in the tags. I was able to correct all of the bad tags (I think), so unfortunately I probably no longer have any that I can send you that still have the errors.

I’m sure that this is related to the previous issue I had with bad tags due to Zortam not being able to read UTF-16 Unicode tags with the previous version. It appears that Zortam had corrupted some of the tags at that time and was unable to read all of the files that had previously been corrupted in this way. It read most of them, just not all.

This bug seems to be “fixed” and is only presenting itself as a result of the prior damage that was done by the bugged version(s) of Zortam.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I am having TB1 error message during mp3 scan of hard disk, after 215 songs it stopped and impossible to proceed.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.