Mp3 MediaStudio and Windows2000 SP3

Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forums Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forum Mp3 MediaStudio and Windows2000 SP3

This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Every time I’m trying to start Mp3 Media Studio I got a message:
    “Mp3MediaStudio.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being generated”
    After restarting I got the same message and I’m not able to start it at all.
    I’m running Windows 2000 Professional on my machine and all of the remaining programs seems to work without any problems.
    One more piece of information. I’ve uninstalled MP3 Media Studio and then re-installed it. For my surprise the program is remembering my name and license number, which leads me to believe that I was not able completely to uninstall it and probably some old settings and information still are residing hidden somewhere in registry file.It seems there are some incapability issue between MP3 Media Studio and Windows 2000 Service Pack 3. Last weekend I installed the program on my second computer running Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 and everything was OK.
    All this information was e-mailed to customer support, but unfortunately the only advise I got was to downgrade my Windows2000 to any lower version.
    Any advise or help is appriciated.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I ran across the exact same thing just yesterday. I will not, however, go back on my OS. The other piece of advise I got was to use Zortam ID3 Tag Editor, which isn’t practical because I’d have to purchase it in order to use it for any length of time. I’ve scoured the registry and all the *.cfg, *.inf, *.ini, and another files I can get my hands on to try to remove the old user information, but haven’t been able to find a thing.

Any other ideas?

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

It’s now been over a month since I brought this to Support’s attention and there’s been no information about it at all. Instead they give me Zortam ID3 Editor, but the just doesn’t have the same functionality. I guess we’re stuck paying for a product we can’t use……

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi Jim,
    Personally, I’ve already gave up all my hopes that Customer Support will provide any help and will respond to our questions. You are absolutely right. We’re stuck paying for a product we can’t use……
    It’s a shame.
    Boyko

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

We are working on this problem.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I have the same exact problem. I have tried to uninstall it, and I’ve even found an old version to install, but that hasn’t worked either. I’m running Windows 2000 pro too.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I’ve spent a bit of time working on this with them and they’ve sent me several new files. The last version they sent me DID get rid of the previous user information but it application still errored out. I think they’re getting closer.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I just installed Service Pack 4 for Windows 2K, and it’s still giving me the same error. Does anyone know if “support” has made any progress with this problem?

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Long ago I got some message from Zortam support telling me that they are working to fix this problem and ever since I haven’t heard from them. I don’t think they are taking seriously this problem. Apparently, they are ignoring all of us, since they had more than a year to fix this problem counting from my first e-mail to them.
    Boyko

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I wrote them a few weeks ago and they sent me to 3 different Beta versions designed around fixing this problem. On the third version it managed to remove the previous user’s information but the application errored out like it always has. The last I heard from them was on June 3. It looks like they’re making some progress, but it’s still an issue.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

OK so I read the forum AFTER I literally just purchased MediaStudio!

I get a memory could not be read at 0x676f7334 from instruction 0x004d398c. Has anyone gotten anywhere? What do you guys suggest I do as far as Zortam and support? Thanks in advance!

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

It sounds like the same thing we all get. I’m not too impressed with their support mechanism, though. They DID try a few betas with me, but the current version STILL doesn’t work and it’s been a LEAST two months since I heard from them. GREAT product, Not So Great support if you ask me…especially when you pay for the product and there’s so-so follow up.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Well the sad thing is they have not responded to me directly. I would like my money back at this point, especially since no one has anything positive!

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Wow that sure tells me what to do with the trial I just downloaded!
    Too bad, it looks good.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I’ve since upgrade to SP4. I’ve uninstalled completely and even scoured the registry and removed entries for any number of things that would be related (zortam, mediastudio, mms, etc) and done a fresh install. It still happens here. I don’t know where the previous installation records are kept, but I’d like to see better support for this product. The product is GREAT and works FANTASTIC, but if it’s not supported it’s barely worth the price you pay for it…

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

We finnaly found the bug. Just download Zortam Mp3 Media Studio 3.30.
    Thanks gays for all your help and sugesstions.

Zortam Support

https://www.zortam.com

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.