Recommendations

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 3 years, 7 months ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I have one recomendation too. When I was trying trial version I really missed this:

I think that MP3 library tree should have more levels. I Want to choose artist and than see albums relevant just to the chosen artist. Not all tracks.

I have not found any way how to do this.

Thanks for reaction

Peter

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

1) Make the buttons in the ID3 tag editor windows have keyboard shortcuts. E.g. “enter” to save and Alt-up, Alt-down to change the selected file in the listing. The goal should be to not require the mouse for most ID3 editing purposes.

There are already shotrcut keys defined in help file for all editing operations.

Thanks for suggestions and check our faq file at
    https://www.zortam.com/faq.html.

You might find some answers on your questions there.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

11) It would also be nice to be able to sort the list on more than one column, e.g. album and track.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

OK, I see that now. Thanks.

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Good product overall. Some suggestions:

1) Make the buttons in the ID3 tag editor windows have keyboard shortcuts. E.g. “enter” to save and Alt-up, Alt-down to change the selected file in the listing. The goal should be to not require the mouse for most ID3 editing purposes.

2) As others have suggested, be able to construct and parse more file name patterns. I personally use a template of:

artist (album left-padded-track) – title.mp3

so I want to be able to create ID3 tags from such file names and produce such names from tags and when ripping CDs.

3) Make the listing more compatible with a wheel-mouse. Simply having the mouse pointer within the bounds of the listing window should allow one to scroll the list with the wheel. (As it stands, you have to click w/i the window first.)

4) The Ripper window should disable and the tracks should disappear when the CD tray is open or there’s no CD in the tray. Get rid of the “New CD” button if possible.

5) Allow files to be moved between folders.

6) Allow the current listing to be refreshed. E.g., if I select an artist in the media tree and then edit and ID3 tag to change the artist, I should be able to refresh the listing to eliminate the changed mp3. As it stands, I seem to have to select another artist and the re-select the original one. Ditto for when I’m displaying all the mp3s in a directory, and I use Windows to move a file into or out of that directory.

7) Make it possible to turn off “docking” mode for windows and let the app run in MDI mode, using Ctrl-tab to toggle around the windows.

8) Upon selecting a song in the listing, there ought to be a way to use the keyboard to switch to either ID3 editing window. Ctrl-E only makes the window appear if it’s not already displayed; focus doesn’t automatically switch to that window. For that you have to use the mouse to click in the ID3 window.

9) Whenever CDDB (really freedb) results come back, the artist name is prepended to the album name in the album field of the Ripper window: “artist / album”. This doesn’t appear to be a freedb problem since it doesn’t happen w/ other apps.

10) Dialogs should “remember” the user’s last settings, or provide a “save as default” feature. E.g., every time I bring up the File->ID3 dialog I shouldn’t have to re-select all the same options as I almost always use. Ditto for the Replace dialog.

In addition, I’ve seen a number of bugs. The listing isn’t always right – once every song appeared twice, and other times things have been missing that should have been there. I also had some problems w/ the Ripper: after being unable to rip a bad CD, the drive selection got stuck pointing to one of my two CDs. I could not select the other CD drive until I rebooted.

Overall, though, this is a nice product. I’ll try to provide more feedback as I play with it during the remainder of my trial period.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.