Request for a New Features (Fast saving tags)

Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forums Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forum Request for a New Features (Fast saving tags)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Zortam Support
      Keymaster

Hi!
      I a great fan of your program, I don’t know how I could administrate my MP3 library without it. But despite the fact that the programs is excelent, it does have some small bugs:

1. The MP3 list is not automatically updated any more after saving a updated ID3V2 tag info record. I believe this bug was created in release 6.70.

2. Copying ID3V2 tag info to ID3V1 doesn’t overwrite all information found in ID3V1 tag record even when option Overwrite is turned on (typically Track Title is never overwritten if it contains data)

3. When converting file name to tag info which contains underscores between the dashes, leading and trailing blanks are not removed from fields before storing.

4. Synchronize ID3 tags executes the Capitalize Words function even when function is not selected.

Suggestion for improvements:
      1. Library should not be case sensitive for key fields.

2. Album view should not have artist as major key in front of album name. Suggest you add a view which can display abums only in addition to the current Artist/Album.

3. The Edit ID3V tags should have the Save function focused or a hot-key for saving and moving to the next entry in list. As today the function requires extensive use of the mouse when editing a large amount of entries.

Thanks and regards
      David

Zortam Support
      Keymaster

Thank you for suggestions.
      Any suggestions are more then welcome.

1. The MP3 list is not automatically updated any more after saving a updated ID3V2 tag info record. I believe this bug was created in release 6.70.

This issue has been resolved in version 6.71.

2. The Edit ID3V tags should have the Save function focused or a hot-key for saving and moving to the next entry in list. As today the function requires extensive use of the mouse when editing a large amount of entries.

This issue has been resolved in version 6.70.

When you press PageDown or PagUp buttons tags are automatically saved and moved to the next entry in the list.
      You might also use Ctrl+S for fast saving current item in the list.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
      Keymaster

Thanks for your quick reply!

I have an additional question: In the General Preferences there is an option for Auto Synchronizing ID3v1 and ID3v2 tags. I was hoping this would Auto-update any changes made to one side to the other. Can you please explain what function this option has? It is not described in the Help function, in fact the Help function is very uncomplete for the General Preferences screen.

Again thanks and regards
      David

Zortam Support
      Keymaster

Hello again!
      Another bug discovered. Since the copy of ID3v2 to ID3v1 doesn’t overwrite all fields in ID3v1 tag if field already contains data I used the Clear ID3v1 before copying. Result was that all ID3v2 information in the MP3 list disappeared. It looks like the function clears both ID3v1 and ID3v2 list MP3 list but actual ID3v2 information is not lost.

Regards
      David

Zortam Support
      Keymaster

Result was that all ID3v2 information in the MP3 list disappeared.

You have two main views. [Menu]-[Show Tags]-[Show ID3v1] or [Menu]-[Show Tags]-[Show ID3v2 tags]. You can switch between them fast with hotkeys Ctrl+1 and Ctrl+2. When you cleared ID3v1 tags list gets empty but if you switch to [Show ID3v2 tags] with Ctrl+2 you can see your ID3v2 tags. So tags are not lost.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
      Keymaster

Most of Mp3’s have entered only ID3v1 tag information.

When Auto Synchronizing is checked it does automatically synchronizations between ID3v1 And ID3v2 tags as you browse your folders or when you search media for Mp3’s.

You can do it also manually using Copy ID3V1 tags to ID3v2 and vice versa.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
      Keymaster

Again thanks for youe answer, but I really feel this is not how it should be? I know that no information is lost, it just looks like it and it sometimes makes me wonder if I did the right deletion. So in order to verify that it is correct before copying ID3v2 to ID3v1 you need to change the view which I personally feel is an unnecessary operation.

If you are forced by design to remove the information from both views during a deletion I would appriciate if you did a refresh on the current view automatically before returning control.

Thanks and regards
      David

Zortam Support
      Keymaster

Once again thank you for suggestions.

What we can do is to automatically switch view to ID3v1 when you start copy tags from ID3v2 to ID3v1, so you can see all the changes.

Zortam Support

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.