- This topic is empty.
December 20, 2015 at 12:00 AM #422
I am evaluating numerous MP3 tools to clean up my extensive MP3 catalog and MP3 Media Studio is about the best for handling a large set of files with random characteristics. However I have found the following issues so far
1) Default config removes / char from MP3 tags which wipes out the common track # format of 00/xx when I bulk modify a group of files. The “?” char is also in numerous albums and song titles
2) I look at V2 tags by default, but if a file only has V1 tags, then “save lyrics and cover” as tag won’t find anything. Should default to available tags if one set is missing
3) Bug/Enhancement – if I multi-select a set of songs, the V1/V2 tag editor on the bottom edits only the second clicked MP3, NOT the entire set as expected. A simple bug fix would be to disable editing in that case, but much better would be to display fields that are common among all selected files so that they can be edited in bulk. Some Microsoft products allow a similar paradigm and this would be much faster than having to bring up the tag edit dialog and click all the checkmarks for tags to make the same. Common use cases are editing the Genre or Artist name
December 20, 2015 at 12:00 AM #1214
1) Can you be more specific, we don’t quit understand your question.
2) It works fine if file only has V1 tags, it might be that you have misspelled artist or album name?!
3) We have separate views for editing ID3 tags so you can scroll file even from ID3 views or from Mp3 list. Our point was to get rid of modal dialog(it hides current tag information and doesn’t do visual real time update) and enable interactive scrolling for tag editing. So, actually you can just browse through your collection and edit files as you want and as many as you want and see the changes right away on the Mp3 list.
Visit our blog at http://blog.zortam.com
December 20, 2015 at 12:00 AM #1218
Thanks for the quick response
1) Bug – not question. Options/General Pref/Remove next special chars from id3 tags option defaults to containing the “/” char (and “?”). EAC (and presumably other rippers) use track#/track total (ex. 05/12) as the V2 track tag. When you go and edit some other tag like genre other than track using ctrl-r, it converts the “/” to a “_” (ex. 05_12). Removing “/” from the translation list prevents that. I ruined a couple samples before I realized the format was mangled and figured out why
2) Definitely a bug – I tried on two or three albums to verify. The V1 tags are correct because I worked around the problem by bulk copying all V1 tags to V2(which were all empty before) and then doing alt-v again which worked fine and found lyrics/covers
3) Sorry for the confusion – I’m talking about the V1 and V2 edit panels that default to the bottom of the screen. They only modify the last clicked MP3 even if several are highlighted in the main list. Intuitively, it should show common tags for all highlighted MP3s which is normally just Genre, Artist and possibly Album. The common use for this is to patch up Genre quickly, because so many Freedb genre’s are wrong or at least different per album from the same artist. This would be much faster than doing ctrl-r/move mouse toclick genre checkbox/choose genre/hit ok
December 20, 2015 at 12:00 AM #1219
One other nice feature would be to save the last used value in several edit fields. For example, I want to rename files using just track and title (%4-%2), but have to type it in each time.
Also, changing the “remove next special chars..” option and saving it causes media studio to scan my entire filesystem (or something similar because it takes a minute of disk rattling even though my folder highlight is on a single directory with just one album
December 22, 2015 at 12:00 AM #1220
Thanks for information.
We are working on fixing problem with cover/lyric when file only has V1 tags.
Work around is to change view to ID3V1 and do cover/lyric search.
If you want to quick change genre, artist etc. use options Change/Clear/Replace any Tag. You just need to select chekbox for tags that you want to change.
December 22, 2015 at 12:00 AM #1221
Thanks for suggestion.
We will put this on wish list.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.