Suggestion: “replace underscore with spaces”

Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forums Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forum Suggestion: “replace underscore with spaces”

This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 3 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Implemented in version 6.15 (Jun 02 2006)

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Thank you :-) . I had a few ideas on different things that seemed like good ideas to me. Whether or not you implement them its obviously your choice. Few other ideas just to toss around floating in my head.

Adding case to the ctrl-r mass ID3 tag change. It is found under just the “tagging” button but it wouldnt be bad if it was there just for “ease of use”

folder creations based on filename or id3 tag

“write id3 tag from filename” options to create edit and delete schemes. If the naming scheme we need is not in the drop down list it isnt something that would have to be typed in the custom field manually every time

Ability to remove 0s preceeding the track number (for example some tracks are labeled as 02, others as 2 – This would make it easier to standardize your track #s)

Ability to remove preceeding spaces inserted in track name, artist, etc. fields. This is sometimes put in there when creating id3 from filename.

Color coded filtering based on your specifics (I.E. for example one could show tracks -128kbs as red 128-192 as orange and 192+ as green, or by length, artist, missing tag, whatever other things people would want to)

Maybe possible sfv creation or .par creation in each mp3sets respective folder. This might be possible through commandline output to a third party exe or just embedded. Whether or not this could easily be done is a whole different story.

*Bug I noticed. When selecting the fields using the tab key under “write id3 tag from filename” it doesnt seem to go in a logical order selecting custom tags last.

*Bug I noticed. Spelling errr on “tagging error” error message.
    “some files are not correctly updated.
    Those tags should be cleared with [Clear All ID3 Tags] optinos”

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

looks like I left one out:

when adjusting the volume zortam seems to work with a commandline util mp3gain.exe. This is all fine and dandy under normal circumstances but since it can be a lengthy process to do alot of music, it would be nice if there was some way that users could setup zortam to possibly launch that application at a specific starting windows process priority. Manually setting it inside of taskman is fruitless since it starts/stops the app each song. This way the machine will remain useable for the however length of time it is processing audio.

As far as the sfv/par2 creation I found there IS a commandline par utility, and actually a single application out there DOES exist called “sweep” that will par2 folders like I was saying. Looks like its the only one of its kind in existance as far as I can see for now

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Thanks for suggestions.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

When changing id3 tags by filename you have the “replace underscore with spaces” option. Any way that could be set as a setting that is remembered, or perhaps an option to enable or disable it by default? Easier than having to constantly recheck.

Also, Is it possible to rename the files according to id3 tagname?

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I think it would be a really nice feature in the CD Ripper to have the option to auto-create a new folder based on artist and/or album, instead of having the MP3s all dropped in one directory:

c:my musicamanda marshallEverybody’s Got a Story
    c:my musicamanda marshallamanda marshall

etc, etc.

Other than that, this is a GREAT program! Keep up the great work guys!

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Yes it is use Rename File Options.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Implemented in version 6.15 (Jun 02 2006)

Zortam Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.