Why does it take that long?

Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forums Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forum Why does it take that long?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Zortam Support 4 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hi, It took about a couple of hours to add lyrics to 98 songs, why that long? i can’t imagine how long would it took to add cd covers to 98 songs.

Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Hello,

The time spent on retrieveng song names, lyrics and cover arts depends on the speed of you internet connection and also of your computer hardware.
    So if you have a slow internet conectivity it will take long to download the lyrics.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Keymaster

I run this on a Dell 2950 Quad-CPU machine with a 10mb D/L internet connection and it still takes about 3-4 seconds per song to update the tags from your database?? Is there a way I can use CDDB instead?

Zortam Support
    Keymaster

It is not problem with the Zortam (ZMLIMD) database speed. Connection to Zortam database takes less then a sec., but it takes some time to write ID3 tags specially if it saves picture tags or if ID3v2 tags don’t exist at all.
    Once the tags are written to Mp3 Id3v2 tags it takes less time to update tags.

CDDB is used when if you wish to convert a CD to Mp3 or any other music format, and can not be used for auto tagging,

Why CDDB can not be used for auto tagging?

CDDB identifies CDs with a 32-bit number which contains CD disk id and can not be used for auto tagging except for current CD disc. CDDB also doesn’t have lyrics and cover arts in CDDB database.

That’s the reason why Zortam came up with Zortam Multi language Internet Music Database (ZMLIMD).

From ZMLIMD you can get all information (including lyrics and cover arts), all that you need is artist and song name.

Zortam Support

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.