Zortam 12.60 – Clear/Delete ID3v1

Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forums Zortam Mp3 Media Studio Forum Zortam 12.60 – Clear/Delete ID3v1

This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by Zortam Support Zortam Support 4 years ago.

• Author
    Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Greetings,

I am a registered Mp3 Media Studio Pro user and I just upgraded to version 12.60, from 12.27.

I myself like to keep only the ID3v2 and have no information whatsoever in the ID3v1.

Apparently, in version 12.60 one can not anymore clear/delete ALL the fields in the ID3v1 (the titles have to be deleted manually) without clearing both ID3v1 and ID3v2 simultaneously.

What happens if v2 is correct and v1 is not ? And I don’t want to “sync” them either.

Clearing both ID3v1 and ID3v2 is not an option for if one chooses to manually upgdate any of the ID3v2 field(s) by pressing the “Save” button, the corresponding ID3v1 field(s) get updated too and thus…have to be manually removed.
    Imagine this situation for hundreds of Mp3s.

In other words, I would greatly appreciate if anyone could send me the 12.27 version of the program for in all versions prior to 12.30, SEPARATELY DELETING the ID3v1 was done with a push of a button.

Thank you for your understanding,

K

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

You are right. We will fix it in our next release.

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Q: How to delete ID3v2 tags?

This bug has been fixed with 12.65 version.

1. Select [ShowID3v1] or [ShowID3v2] icon
    2. Select [Delete All ID3 Tags] from [ID3 Tagging] menu.
    3. It will delete ID3v1 or ID3v2 tags regarding of #1 selection

Zortam Support

Zortam Support
    Zortam Support
    Keymaster

Thank you for being so kind as to let me know and also explain.
    I really missed that function and I’m really happy it came back…though differently than it was implemented in the past.

Please don’t get me wrong on this but wouldn’t it be more intuitive (especially for new users) to reintroduce the “old good” Delete ID3v1 & v2 respectively ?

Having to select “Delete ALL Tags” from [ID3 Tagging]/”Tag Operations” menu might be confusing for some users, not realising the fact that “ALL” means & affects only the tags in correspondence with [Show ID3v1] or [Show ID3v2] selection above (which some might not even see).

I would suggest (re)introducing the “Delete ID3v1″ & “Delete ID3v2″ options above the “Delete All Tags” option in [ID3 Tagging Menu], this way eliminating any confusion or having the user (pre)select anything anywhere.
    The same would be of course applied to “Tag Operations” options accessed via Mouse2 button or CTRL+F3.

In short, I think that (re)implementing the old manner would be more obvious for everyone and wouldn’t require a “3 step guide” but a simple selection/push of a button.
    Just a (long) thought :)

Otherwise, a magnificent software WITH actual customer support (which is rare these days).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.